The following is a post from Joyce at Keeping Up With the Moys.
Each night, our girls write in their journals something they were thankful for that day, something that was a favorite part of their day. (I think I can learn a thing or two about gratitude from them.)
Recently, I listened to a powerful podcast with Kat Lee (author of the Inspired to Action website) and Amanda Carroll (who is a DJ at KLOVE radio). As a single mama, Amanda gives encouragement to us married mamas, to remember to be thankful for our husbands, even in those moments when we might be annoyed or irritated with their behavior. Even when they are working late…again, we can still be thankful that they have a job to provide for the family…and that they are coming home…eventually. What a great reminder for me to show appreciation for the things my husband does and for who he is.
So during this season of Thanksgiving (which I have been inspired by my girls to live out throughout the whole year), I want to share why I’m thankful for my husband.
- I am thankful for his unconditional love, even when I am not all that lovable.
- I am thankful for him being a wonderful example of the fruits of the spirit.
- I am thankful for his love for our girls, and that he plays with them. Seriously, he will play anything with them.
- I am thankful for his love for God, and how he leads our family in worshiping and honoring Him…and reading the Bible with the girls every night.
- I am thankful for all the shopping that he does!! Yes, even the grocery shopping, and shopping for my clothes too! I hate shopping.
- I am thankful for his willingness to clean the toilet. I don’t mind cleaning anything else, but I’m not a fan of cleaning the toilet.
- I am thankful for his goofiness because I need reminding that not everything in life is all that serious.
- I am thankful for his musical skills, and for teaching me to play guitar and piano, because I love music.
- I am thankful for him introducing me to salads. Yum!
- I am thankful for his encouragement to try new things, and to continue learning and growing.
Why are you thankful for your husband? Have you told him lately? Are there others in your life that you are thankful for? Share with us who you are thankful for, and why.
*Image Source: iwannatalkaboutbrooke.blogspot.com